miércoles, 23 de diciembre de 2009

Faith



"How do you describe faith?? I guess I will let her speak for herself. She is part of a series called fairy tales.Since they are all hand made they of course vary a bit. The dimensions are 4.5" x 7" 2.5".Each pieces is made to order which takes about a week .All my pieces are carefully packed using clean recycled packing materials.

Just a bit on my process. The wings, head and base are all cut from basswood planks with a band saw. I shape the head with a belt sander and carve the details both by hand and a rotary tool. The wings are shaped with a rotary tool and are attached with a dowel that is drilled through the head and the wing and glued. The head is held on to the base with a dowel and glue. She is then painted with multiple layers of acrylic paint. The details are drawn with pencil and fixed with a matte fixative. The hook on the back is handmade of wire and tiny eye hooks so she can sit or hang."



"My pieces are fairy tales for the modern world. Like most folktales their story isn’t always revealed on first glance. They are (hopefully) engaging enough to catch your eye again and again. Part of their charm is the tension between sweet and not so sweet. I use element of cartoons, animation stills, dreams, and other references to weave my stories. To root the pieces in the world I use a fairly classical visual esthetic.

sleep is mysterious.

Like all things handmade there are slight variations from piece to piece."

http://www.etsy.com/shop/christinekaiser

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario