viernes, 18 de septiembre de 2009

Steampunk Mechanical Cheetah











Before I started this latest project, I promised myself that this time, things will be different. I shall remember history, I will learn from the excesses of my past. I will build it small, I will build it light, and above all, I will build it quickly. I failed on all three counts. Dismally. Ah well, as the great sage Dirty Harry often said, "a man's got to know his limitations."
The cheetah measures 24" high and 50" nose to tail and weighs about 40 pounds. She took about 60 hours, spaced over 10 weeks time, to build. She's constructed out of the usual electrical conduit, transmission parts, and 20-gauge steel.

The cheetahs are part of the underworld ecosystem in the "Timmy" universe. They are couriers of small objects (a sort of steampunk FedEx) and also run in the treadmills.

It actually looks pretty good, IMHO.

Regards,

Andrew Chase

http://www.bookofjoe.com/2009/07/steampunk-cheetah.html

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario